A hacker is an individual who uses a computer, networking, or other skills to overcome a technical problem. The term hacker may refer to anyone with technical skills, but it often refers to a person who uses his or her abilities to gain unauthorized access to systems or networks to commit crimes.
There are three types of hackers: White hat hackers hack under good intentions with permission, Black hat hackers hacks most often unauthorized, has malicious intent, grey hat hacker who hacks with good intentions but at times without permission.
10. Rahul Tyagi: Rahul is a post-graduate with majors in Computer Science and has conducted his account, more than a hundred training sessions globally in the past 6 years. Being a cyber-space researcher, Rahul can claim to have found critical vulnerabilities on websites of Intel, Sony, HP, Discovery Networks, TED, and many more. He is also listed in BlackBerry Hall of Fame for his contributions to the organization. A Published Author of two books – Hacking Crux 1 & 2 – both on information security. He has been covered extensively by global media and is one of the most followed Indian Information Security Experts on various social media platforms.
Recently Tyagi conversed with several media channels to create consciousness in people regarding the threats and terror of hacking. He was also invited as a speaker in the principal ethical hacking conference DEF CON, Chennai where he presented his research paper amongst other security experts. His research paper has also been published globally on exploit-dB and packetstormsecurity, which are world-renowned research paper database communities. Rahul Tyagi is presently working as the brand ambassador of TCIL-IT Chandigarh as Corporate Ethical Hacking Trainer. He also provides his services to the ‘Cyber Security & Anti-hacking Organization of India named ‘Lusideus’ as Vice-President. Additionally, he is the Technical Head of the News Paper Association of India as well.
9. Falgun Rathod: Falgun Rathod is one of the best Information Security & Cyber Crime Consultant and he has played an instrumental role in creating awareness about information security and cybercrimes. He is a founder and director of Cyber Octet Pvt Ltd. based in Ahmedabad. He was invited as a member at ICTTF (International Cyber Threat Task Force) and CSFI (Cyber Security Forum Initiative). And also as Article Writer at PenTest Magazine based in Poland. He was featured in March 2012 Issue of PenTest Mag on the Cover Page of Magazine. Cover Story Published on Cyber Warfare in World’s No1. Gujarati Magazine – Chitralekha in 2010.
8. Trishneet Arora: Trishneet Arora, a veritable wizard of technology who is an author, a cyber-security expert, an ethical hacker, an entrepreneur, and an avid speaker on security solutions. Just at the age of 21. He is the CEO of TAC Security, an IT security company. his multinational enterprise, TAC Security Solutions, protects corporations against network vulnerabilities and data theft and cybersecurity training. Some of TAC’s clients include the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Punjab Police, Gujarat Police, Reliance Industries Limited, Amul, Ralson (India) Ltd, Avon Cycles Ltd, MNCs from Dubai and UK.
Trishneet Arora has authored for the book “The Hacking Era”, “Hacking TALK with Trishneet Arora” and “Hacking with Smart Phones” with several technical manuals and given countless lectures, workshops, and seminars throughout his career.
7. Sai Satish: Sai Satish is a young Entrepreneur, Founder & CEO of Indian Servers. The administrator of Andhrahackers (Top hacking awareness forum in INDIA). An Author A renewed Ethical Hacker & Cyber Security Expert, Microsoft Security Researcher, International Cyber Security trainer. Thousands of college students and professionals got benefited from his lectures which are delivered at 100+ colleges all over the world. He worked as Microsoft Student Partner, Corporate .Net Trainer, etc. He was interviewed by Many International, national, and regional news channels like Dap News(Cambodia), AAjtak, The Hindu, Deccan Chronicle, Zee TV, TV9, NTV, Eenadu, Sakshi, etc. He was rewarded by IAS officers for pentesting on govt sites, which helped them to improve security and safe transactions and Forensic Investigator.
6. Benild Joseph: Benild Joseph is a Cyber Security Researcher, Author, TEDx Speaker, and renowned White Hat Hacker with definitive experience in the field of computer security in India.
He has been featured in the book Hacking the Hacker authored by Roger Grimes Silicon India Magazine has listed him as one of the top 8 Ethical Hackers of India. He has discovered critical vulnerabilities in popular websites including Facebook, Yahoo, Blackberry, Sony Pictures, Tesco, AstraZeneca, Vodafone, and Deutsche Telekom. To his credit, he has many registered and pending patents in the Cyber Forensic and Information Security domain. He specializes in Web Application Penetration testing and Digital Forensic Investigation.
5. Aseem Jakhar: Aseem is a renowned security researcher with extensive experience in system programming, security research, and consulting. He has worked on various security software including IBM ISS Proventia UTM appliance, Mirapoint messaging/security appliance, anti-spam engine, anti-virus software, multicast packet reflector, Transparent HTTPS proxy with captive portal, bayesian spam filter to name a few. He is well known in the hacking and security community as the founder of null – The open security community (registered not-for-profit organization, https://null.co.in), the largest security community in India. The focus and mission of null is advanced security research, sharing information, responsible vulnerability disclosure, and assisting Govt./private organizations with security issues. His research includes Linux remote thread injection, automated web application detection, and dynamic web filter. He has authored several software projects such as Jugaad, EyePee, and Kunsa due to be released under an open-source license.
4. Koushik Dutta: Koushik Dutta is responsible for Clockworkmod recovery and ROM Manager for Android rooting and the core member of the famed UnrEVOked team. He has been a .net developer from the heart and had his internship initially at Microsoft and is a former MVP. He decided to leave Microsoft and hack Android cellphones like there was no tomorrow. Sony approached him after Geohot humped them like anything but he politely declined.
3. Vivek Ramachandran: Vivek Ramachandran is a world-renowned security researcher and evangelist. His expertise includes computer and network security, exploit research, wireless security, computer forensics, embedded systems security, compliance, and e-Governance. He is the author of the books – “Wireless Penetration Testing using Backtrack” and “The Metasploit Megaprimer”, both up for worldwide release in mid-2011. Vivek is a B.Tech from and an advisor to the computer science department’s Security Lab. In 2006, Microsoft declared Vivek as one of the winners of the Microsoft Security Shootout Contest held in India among an estimated 65,000 participants. The competition was aimed at finding leading Security Experts in India. Vivek was also awarded a Team Achievement Award by Cisco Systems for his contribution to the 802.1x and Port Security modules in the Catalyst 6500 series of switches. These are high-end security features used in Enterprises.
2. Sunny Vaghela: Sunny Vaghela is an Ethical Hacker & Indian Entrepreneur. He is Founder & CEO at Techdefence Labs. The young and dynamic personality of Sunny Vaghela has not only assisted in solving complex cybersecurity problems but also played an instrumental role in creating awareness for the same. He has found SMS & Call Forging Vulnerabilities in Mobile Networks at the age of 19 during his graduation at Nirma University. At Present, He is Director & Chief Technical Officer at TechDefence Consulting Pvt Ltd which is a rapidly growing security services & investigation consulting organization focusing on Cyber Crime Investigations, Cyber Law Consulting, Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing, Information Security Training.
- Ankit Fadia: Ankit Fadia is independent computer security and digital intelligence consultant with definitive experience in the field of Internet security based out of Silicon Valley in California, USA. Widely recognized as a computer security expert, he has published 16 books, delivered more than 1000 talks in 25 countries, received several awards, and trained more than 20,000 people in India and China. He has hosted a popular show on MTV India called What the Hack!, where he gave tips, tricks, and tweaks to get more out of technology and the Internet and now has his own YouTube channel called Geek On The Loose.